Field Land Survey Technician
Since 2001, Concordia, has been a firm that always focused on becoming an Industry-Leader in Providing Engineering & Construction Services to the Wireless Telecom sector.
Our team of Professional Associates is focused on providing services to Fortune 500 Clients such as T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular & AT&T. We pride ourselves as being a mid-sized firm that is able to give our clients the attention of smaller firms yet provides our employees and associates the environment and stability of bigger firms without becoming a number. We are one of the very few Engineering Firms in the Country that Designs and Builds its own creations in the wireless sector. We currently are seeking a Field Land Survey Technician to join our team and help us broaden our company and continue to grow.
· Take detailed measurements, notes and pictures of the proposed telecommunications network construction locations, cable routes, and equipment sites.
· Travel to required work sites.
· Set up safely at job site and handle field measuring tools properly to conduct an efficient field survey
· Search and find monuments/benchmarks
· Prepare field survey notes/drawings for plan drafting and design
· Order utility locates for project site, verify with JULIE/Private locator to make sure all JULIE members responded/re-order
· May involve runner/courier responsibilities that include researching map records, dropping off plan submittals, and picking up/delivering permits.
· Consults with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, and drafting standards.
· Surveyor will be responsible for client and customer contact and may be required to obtain permission to visit the sites.
· Report data/notes to appropriate design team member and/or manager.
· Read and interpret drawings/maps for data verification and project design
· Download data from field and transfer to data server
· Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
· Must have a valid state driver's license and have a clean driving record
· Must be familiar with surveying equipment (GPS rover/data collectors/TS)
· Must be familiar with boundary/ALTA/Topo/utility surveys as well as construction stake outs
· Minimum 1-year field experience is required
· Crew chief experience is preferred
· Must be able to work independently as a 1-man survey crew